If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (562) 431-9400

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

A Slow Cooker Can Malfunction And Cause Fire Damage Inside Of Your Seal Beach Home

8/22/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage A Slow Cooker Can Malfunction And Cause Fire Damage Inside Of Your Seal Beach Home Faulty wiring inside of your walls, or within the plug of your slow cooker, can cause fire damage inside of your Seal Beach home.

A Slow Cooker Can Malfunction And Cause A Fire

Slow cookers are an attractive cooking option for people who work long hours and don't want to have to return home to cook a full supper, but the problem is that leaving them unattended could cause fire damage inside of your home. In many ways, these devices are advertised as something you can leave to cook your food for long hours while you are away. However, that doesn't necessarily make it safe to do so.

Faulty wiring inside of your walls, or within the plug of your slow cooker, can cause fire damage inside of your Seal Beach home. Fortunately for your house, you happened to use this device while staying home for the day and you were able to extinguish out the fire on your own. However, the device did manage to leave fire damage behind around the outlet it was plugged into, and on your walls, countertop, and cupboards as well.

In situations like these, promptly getting a professional restoration company, like SERVPRO, to your home can make the difference between a successful remediation and a not so successful one. Soot adheres itself onto various surfaces at extremely high temperatures and reacts with them differently. Depending on what it attaches itself to, it can cause discoloration. Should the issue not be addressed immediately, the discoloration can increasingly grow to be far worse over time. Plastics can yellow, and glass can turn brown. To prevent discoloration, call for help swiftly.

SERVPRO can bring the necessary trade tools to deal with the fire damage inside of your kitchen. To remove the soot from your cupboards and walls, SERVPRO can use lubricating cleaning methods to try and lift the soot away from the wood and drywall. On your countertops, glass, and plastics, we can try chemical cleaners that can break down the soot and allow it to be wiped away.

As well as dealing with the soot, SERVPRO can clean up any burnt bits of plastics or kitchen utensils. Our goal is to leave your home feeling like it did in its pre-fire state. However, cleaning up the physical signs is not always enough, as fire often leaves an odor behind. We can use thermal foggers to combat the very particles that cause the malodor in the first place and neutralize them, leaving your kitchen smelling "Like it never even happened."

If faulty equipment causes a fire inside of your house, never hesitate. Reach out to SERVPRO of Seal Beach / Los Alamitos / Cypress by calling (562) 431-9400. No matter the time or day, we're available to take the damage away.

Click here for more about Seal Beach.

Other News

View Recent Posts