If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (562) 431-9400

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Identifying Mold Damage in Your Cypress Home

12/31/2017 (Permalink)

Mold spreads rapidly once it finds food. Should you see or smell mold in your home, contact SERVPRO to investigate the situation and remediate.

Our Trained Technicians Determine the Root Cause of the Mold Infestation in Your Home

Many people have been universally led to believe that mold inside of your Cypress house is a common thing to see. While you are likely to encounter several instances of growing mold throughout your life, this is not something that you want to take too lightly when it comes to your own home. As common knowledge that mold can cause health effects, it stands to reason that leaving it around you could make you susceptible to them as well.
 
Worse still, some people have no idea how to identify mold damage to their Cypress houses. While there are going to be circumstances in which the presence of colonies is easy to see with the naked eye, this is not always the case. In fact, colonies can grow quite large without drawing any attention whatsoever, because the entirety of the organism (or hyphae) is still rooted deeply in the organic material or surface that the mold spore initially seated inside.
 
A good indication of the presence of mold, whether you can physically see it or not, is the smell. There is an unmistakable musty odor that comes along with the presence of a mold colony. The scent only gets more formidable and robust the more massive the colonies grow and the farther they spread. If you have smelled this somewhere inside of your house, the colony has already started to grow outside of what you can see.
 
Our SERVPRO remediation specialists are IICRC Certified and know all about the removal of mold colonies and how to prevent the spread of spores which can allow the problem to continue in new areas. With the use of negative air chambers, our technicians can neutralize individual spores and prevent them from reaching new colony sites.
 
To prevent the smell lingering in the area, our SERVPRO professionals utilize a deodorizing fogger to break down the foul odor molecules and leave no scent behind after the chemical reaction.
 
While there are many ways that you can identify the presence of mold in your house, you can trust the SERVPRO of Seal Beach / Los Alamitos / Cypress to help you get it under control. You can call us anytime at (562) 431-9400.

For more information regarding Cypress, click here.

Other News

View Recent Posts