We Act Fast To Limit More Damage To Your Seal Beach Home After A Fire Disaster
Fire Damage Seal Beach – Smoke and Water Damage from Next Door
The house next door to our client was engulfed in flames and destroyed. The fire department was able to save our clients home. There was extensive smoke and some water damage. At one point, the roof caught fire; however, the fire department was able to extinguish the fire. The firemen verified that there were no hot spots in the attic. The owners were very concerned and overwhelmed about what to do.
After taking their call, our SERVPRO team responded to this fire damage event in Seal Beach immediately. After assessing the situation, our technicians quickly got to work. A tarp was placed over the roof to prevent any further damage and to prevent birds from entering through the hole cut in the roof of the home.
Restoral of a client’s home after fire or smoke damage follows a step by step process aimed at restoring the home, “Like it never even happened.” The process we follow includes:
- Removal of water and drying with dehumidifiers
- Soot and smoke is removed from all surfaces, including ceilings, walls and floors
- Clean, sanitize and disinfect all restorable items, including structures using appropriate cleaning techniques
Restoration of the home, including repairs and replacement of the roof, walls, and carpets as needed.
Many clients want to immediately begin cleaning and tidying up themselves after a smoke or fire damage event. There are a few suggestions to follow:
- Always verify it is safe to enter the home e.g., electrical, slip and falls
- Avoid lifting heavy wet materials
- Avoid washing walls, carpets or furniture
- Keep hands clean to avoid distributing soot to clean areas
- Remove food from freezers and refrigerators if the electricity is off
- Do not use appliances or other electrical items if wet or have been exposed to smoke or water Garments, furniture and all surfaces require specialized cleaning after smoke exposure
For more information, check our emergency tips page. Our SERVPRO client was ecstatic to have their home restored.
Call SERVPRO of Seal Beach / Los Alamitos / Cypress at (562) 431-9400 for 24/7 service. We serve Huntington Beach, Walnut Park, Compton, and surrounding areas. Our goal is to return items to their preloss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
See more about Seal Beach.