How Do I Get Rid of the Smoke Smell After a Fire?
SERVPRO Technicians Carefully Deodorize Your Seal Beach Home
One of the most significant concerns accompanying a fire is the strong odor that inevitably stays behind. The first days are critical in tackling the odors, or they tend to permeate throughout your home and become increasingly challenging to remove.
Why Should I Use a Professional Service to Deodorize My Home?
Our restoration team uses specific methods, equipment, and products to tackle the odor from fire damage in your Seal Beach Home. As a homeowner, you may be able to eradicate some of the smell, but it is challenging to remove all of it without the proper equipment and industry knowledge.
What are the Steps to Remove the Smell?
- Remove the source
- Clean all impacted surfaces
- Recreate the conditions by fogging to reach throughout the house
- Seal surfaces by painting walls and closing off air unused air handling systems
- Use air-purifying equipment like air scrubbers, ventilation fans, or ozone generators
What Type of Deodorizers does SERVPRO use?
- Masking agents such as beads, solid cakes, or wicks to help cover bad odors as a temporary solution
- Absorption agents such as powder and activated charcoal that soak up odors
- Pairing agents that stick to odor particles, used with wet and thermal fogging
- Enzyme Digesters that attack organic molecules by breaking down the material into carbon dioxide or water
How Do I Know Which Steps to Take and Which Deodorizers to Use?
Every situation and fire are different, requiring a unique plan. Most odors caused by fire damage do not need every removal step or every type of deodorizer. Technicians use a combination to best address the odor.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Seal Beach / Los Alamitos /Cypress at (562) 431-9400. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Learn more about Seal Beach.